There are millions of websites on the internet. Every business owner has a website nowadays but what is the point if your website remains under the radar and doesn’t reach your clients? SEO basically stands for Search Engine Optimization and is the process of employing strategies that will help your website to enhance its visibility.
This means that when someone is looking for something that is relevant to your website on the internet, they will be able to find you sooner than later. The more visible your website becomes, the more potential you have towards becoming successful and getting noticed by potential clients.
It is all about gaining traffic for your website. Here, traffic means the amount of engagement or the number of people who visit your website.
Important Aspects of SEO
If you truly want to understand the meaning of SEO, we need to break it down into three fundamental elements. These includes:
- Quality of traffic: Say, you have built a website for selling fruits and vegetables. You have engaged a number of people to your website and it is getting great traffic. However, the people visiting your website are looking for meats and cheeses. Hence, even with great traffic, you will not be able to make a profit. Hence, you have to make sure that the people who are visiting your website truly have an interest in the products that you are selling.
- Quantity of traffic: The more people you find clicking on your website who have a genuine interest in your products, the better it is.
- Organic results: Those people who visit your website having actual interest in your brand are known as organic customers. Anyone who enters your website without you paying for it is an organic result.
What Goes into SEO
When you type something on a search engine, the search engine replies with a number of web pages that might potentially be able to answer your question. While all of this takes place in a matter of seconds, there is quite a lot of work that goes into this process.
When you type something on a search engine, the search engine sends out a crawler that can gather information from all the web pages on the internet in a matter of less than a second. Once the crawler finds relevant information from the internet, the search engine is then able to form an index based on an algorithm and present it on the web pages that will likely be able to solve your query.
When you want to optimize your website so that it can easily be found on search engines, there are a number of things that have to be kept in mind. It can be something as simple as providing the right keywords to something as intricate as the title tags.
SEO and Digital Marketing
Marketing has taken a virtual route nowadays for those conducting business online. Digital marketing is basically the practice of engaging attention-grabbing marketing strategies on the internet through which people will be able to gather better awareness about your brand. Search engine optimization is one of the most fundamental steps in digital marketing.
Given direct access to a particular website, people still seem to make a search for the relevant products or services on the internet. Hence it has been understood that search is one of the most rudimentary aspects of digital marketing through which businesses can get directly noticed by those who are interested in their products. If you use the right strategies of search engine optimization and make sure that your website is the first one that appears on the search engine or is located somewhere on the first page, you will automatically be able to create more engagement and have more people visiting your website.
SEO: On-Page and Off-Page
There are a number of important factors that need to be taken into consideration when optimizing your website. Search engine optimization can be broadly categorized into two factors: on-page optimization and off-page optimization.
On-page SEO generally takes into consideration the various ranking factors that Google or any other search engine looks for in the web page before placing it on the index. The search engines directly analyse or ‘crawl’ the parameters on the web page such as the internal links, title tags, content, URLs, and more.
Some tested methods of on-page SEO are using target keywords within the initial 100 words, taking care of keyword frequency, using external links, etc.
Off-page SEO is generally concerned with the various factors out of the website or web page. This type of search engine optimisation includes taking care of parameters like social media, link building, local SEO, site structure, website loading speed, and so on.
Some proven tactics of off-page SEO are creating local listings, generating valuable backlinks, posting guest content on third-party websites, etc.
Building an SEO-friendly Website
Whether you are building a website from scratch or improving on an existing website, you have to always keep in mind the various strategies that can make sure that your website is search engine optimized. Here are some tips to build SEO friendly websites:
- The first thing that you have to keep in mind is to make sure that your content in itself is rich and high in quality
- Make sure you employ the strategies that are required specifically for your company and the market you are involved in.
- You have to make sure that your content is filled with good information and is also something that your readers or consumers can relate to
- Ensure that the concerned page has appropriate keywords
- Make sure that the purpose of your website has been clearly highlighted through your URL, title tag, images, and general content.
It is important for you to understand that search engine optimization and its various tactics change from time to time. It is very important that you understand the basics of the process and keep updating your website according to the changes that are demanded. With proper SEO practices, you will be able to make the most out of your website in no time at all!